This Easy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam is the perfect healthy alternative to conventional jam! It’s made with 3 healthy, natural, whole-food ingredients and it’s quick and easy to make!
I was skeptical that any jam recipe I found could compete in the taste department, but this Easy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam REALLY does!!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 3 tbsp honey add 1 more tablespoon if you like your jam very sweet, or other vegan honey substitute
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the strawberries. Add the honey and place on the stove over medium heat.
- As the strawberries begin to soften over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the honey.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they’re starting to fall apart, use a potato masher or fork to break them up even more.
- Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Once you see some big bubbles break the surface, add the chia seeds.
- The chia seeds will help the jam achieve a gelatinous texture while also adding fibre, protein and healthy Omega-3 fats.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15 minutes, and then remove the pan from the stove.
- If you enjoy jam with small chunks of fruit in it, then you’re done! Simply pour the mixture into a mason jar and cover it tightly with a lid.
- If you’d prefer jam with a smoother texture, feel free to add the mixture to your blender and pulse it a few times before pouring it into a mason jar. Or, use an immersion blender and pulse only a few times.
- While the jam is still hot it may seem more fluid that you would expect. The chia seeds need a bit of time to do their work, so let the jam cool to room temperature in the jar and then put your jar of jam in the fridge for a few hours and it will achieve the perfect texture.
- Enjoy on toast, gluten-free crackers or scones, over yogurt or even ice cream.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!