This almond crusted tilapia is a staple in our house.
It’s crunchy, it’s lightly baked but just lightly, so it still feels healthy-ish. The mustard gives it a spiced up kick and the crunchy sea salt almond combo with the flaky white fish? Um, yes.
It’s even perfect for non-fish lovers because the tilapia is so mild.
But who doesn’t love buttery white fish? Pshh.
This almond crusted tilapia has just 5 ingredients and is light, healthy, and super easy. Crushed almonds give perfect texture and flavor to the tilapia.
- 1/2 cup salted almonds
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, plain or seasoned
- 2–4 tilapia filets
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- parmesan cheese, fresh lemon, or sea salt for topping
- Place the almonds and breadcrumbs in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground into a crumb-like mixture. Place the crumb mixture on a plate.
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Spread each tilapia with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard on both sides. Press the tilapia into the crumbs to get it coated on both sides.
- Place the fish into baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and cook for about 20 minutes until the outside is browned and the fish is fully cooked. I usually just check the middle of the fish for doneness – pieces will flake off easily when it’s done.
- Serve with parmesan, sea salt, or lemon.
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!