Stuffed zucchini boats filled with the flavors of chicken parmesan. This low carbohydrate, high protein meal will leave you feeling satisfied!
Instead of having a fried piece of chicken on a bed of pasta, this recipe calls for sautéed ground chicken served in hollowed out zucchini. It gets the chicken parmesan essence from mixing pasta sauce into the chicken. And, of course, the whole thing gets covered in mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Scroll for Recipe Below:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 zucchini
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook ground chicken over medium heat until cook through. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and let simmer.
- Cut off ends of your zucchini and then cut them in half. Scoop out the insides and make ‘boats’
- Mix cheese into the sauce and stir until melted
- Spoon the mixture into the boats and sprinkle with more cheese on top
- Bake for 25 minutes
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!