Chili Lime Steak Fajitas are so juicy and full of incredible flavors! The secret lies in this incredibly popular and easy to make marinade!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 pound (500 g) steak (rump, skirt or flank steak); cut into strips against the grain
- 2 bell peppers, red and green sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
Love these Wüsthof knives; they are an investment!
OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTION:
- flour tortillas (optional) (which is what I used this time around)
- Lettuce leaves for low carb option
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Sour cream (optional) to serve
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour out half of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the steak for 30 minutes. Alternatively, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minute prior to cooking.
*Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use later*
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
- To serve pack into warmed tortillas, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings). Make it your own – it is your ‘TACO TUESDAY’ after all.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!