Honey Chipotle Skillet Chicken is skillet recipe jam packed with flavor, SUPER easy and will be on permanent rotation in your house as it is in our house.
Honey Chipotle Chicken Skillet is the Perfect Balance of Sweet and Spicy!
This recipe is perfect to alter to your family’s taste. You can make it as sweet or as spicy as you prefer! The sauce is the main focal point to this recipe and it pairs wonderfully with a bright, sweet mango salsa.
Like I said, this is so so easy and fast. I used my cast iron skillet for this one, because it really heats evenly and gives the chicken a nice brown color.
- 7 oz can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 large, firm mango, pitted and finely diced
- 1/2 cup of onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- grated zest of 1/2 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chipotles, bbq sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, garlic, and lime juice and process until smooth, about 30 seconds
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper
- Add marinade and chicken into a ziplock bag and refrigerate for 2-24 hours
- Preheat oven to 375F, remove chicken from marinade and transfer to a cast iron skillet and bake for 35 minutes
- Remove chicken from the oven, baste with remaining sauce and drizzle with honey, bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry your tortilla chips, and make your mango salsa by tossing the ingredients in a bowl and seasoning to taste.
- Serve the chicken with salsa and chips. Or switch it up and serve with rice, quinoa, or a salad.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!