Cooking Pork is actually harder than you think. Especially if you are barbecuing it, the pork could come out dry and blah. But what if you make pulled pork by bathing the pork in homemade barbecue sauce and letting it soak in all of that sweet and tangy deliciousness?? And then topped with fresh slaw – what is a better combination than that??
I don’t know any, do you?? Oh I know, what about a nice surprise in the fresh slaw…..PINEAPPLE!
An Easy Pineapple Coleslaw is going to remind you of summer all year long. Enjoy as a side dish or top your favorite burger, fish taco, or pulled pork with this one.
Ingredients for Pulled Pork:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp mustard powder
Directions for Pork:
- Combine all ingredients into a crockpot, cook on LOW for 6 hours
- Turn crockpot to Warm once cooked through
- Shred the pork with two forks right in the sauce (it will be pretty easy to shred). Keep meat in crockpot until ready to serve.
- To serve, mound as much of the pulled pork and sauce onto each of your favorite bun and top with some pineapple slaw.
Ingredients for Slaw:
- 12 oz (bag) broccoli coleslaw
- 20 oz (can) unsweetened pineapple tibits, drained, 6 Tbsp. liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions for Slaw:
- In a large bowl combine broccoli coleslaw, cabbage, pineapple and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, rice vinegar, reserved pineapple liquid, pepper and salt until smooth. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate coleslaw for a minimum of four hours or overnight for the best flavor. Toss again before serving.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!
3 thoughts on “Pulled Pork Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw”
This looks so delicious!