Method for Grates
- Fill the shallow dish with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar. Use enough to cover the grates when you put them in the pans.
- Place the grates in the vinegar solution.
- Allow to sit in solution for 30 minutes.
- Pull out the grates out of the mixture and rinse them.
- Mix the baking soda and water into a nice thick paste.
- Coat the grate in the baking soda paste.
- Allow them to sit for 15-30 minutes
- Use the scrub brush to remove caked on food and grease.
- Rinse and spot clean as necessary.
It is best to wipe up cooking spills as you make them, but that doesn’t always happen. No matter how carefully you try to clean as you go, you sometimes have to clean burnt on food and grease from the grates and burners on your gas stove.