Jalapeño Poppers are my obsession! Fresh jalapeños are sliced in half and filled with a rich creamy cheese filling and topped with a crisp Panko topping. These poppers are baked until golden and bubbly for the perfect summer BBQ snack!
This easy Jalapeno Popper recipe makes the perfect bite; crispy, creamy, spicy, cheesy… and quite honestly the best appetizer ever!
Making homemade poppers is super easy and tastes way better than frozen store bought!
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, garlic powder, cheddar cheese and chives (if using).
- In a separate bowl, combine Panko crumbs and melted butter.
- Fill jalapenos with the cheese mixture. Top with crumbs.
- Place on a baking pan and bake 18-22 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!
Another great BBQ side – Baked Beans