Our absolute favorite baked beans recipe! They are syrupy and loaded with flavors of BBQ sauce, dijon, smoked paprika and chipotle. Delish!
- 2 sliced bacon, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (22 ounce) cans baked beans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large (oven safe, if you don’t want to transfer) skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook until it’s brown and crisp and most of the fat is rendered.
- Stir in the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until everything softens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in the baked beans directly from the can. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Place the skillet (or transfer to an oven-safe dish) in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and syrup. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- You can make these ahead of time – cook them in the skillet then let cook to room temperature and cover, placing in the fridge. Bake the next day (or whenever you’re ready!).
- These also freeze well!
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!
Another great BBQ side – Homemade Mac and Cheese
2 thoughts on “Baked Beans”