Red, white, & blue sprinkles and candies make these Fireworks Cookies and Cream Cookies a fun and festive treat for holiday picnics and parties.
The bag of red, white, and blue M&M’s and star sprinkles that you picked up from the local grocery store were just the way to make these cookies a little more festive. The extra sprinkles on top made me think of those awesome fireworks in the sky!
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Oreo cookie chunks (14 chocolate cream-filled)
- 3/4 cup red, white, & blue M&M’s, divided
- 1/2 cup red, white, & blue sprinkles, divided
- Mix together the cake mix, butter, egg, and vanilla until soft dough forms.
- Add the cream cheese and mix again.
- Stir in the cookie chunks, 1/2 cup M&M’s, and 1/4 cup of the sprinkles gently. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll into 24 even dough balls. Press the remaining M&M’s into the tops of the dough balls. Add extra sprinkles to the tops of the the dough balls, if desired.
- Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes, before moving them to a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Let the cookies cool completely, and then store in a tightly sealed container. Makes 24 cookies.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!