Crisp-tender chicken in the most amazing cream sauce ever. It’s so good, you’ll want to guzzle down the sauce!
This is definitely not your ordinary chicken dish. It’s better. Like – Way better. After all, how can you go wrong with a sun dried tomato cream sauce with crispy chicken thighs?
And the sauce!! It is just so good, you’ll actually want to just skip the chicken and eat the sauce with a spoon instead!
Besides this recipe being so darn good and delicious – it has a special place in our hearts. Before my husband and I were married – HE actually made this dish for me while we were first dating. It was clearly a HIT, because I kept the guy and the recipe!!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, thyme, oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!