Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy avocado spread is beyond DELICIOUS!! This avocado toast with egg is EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect ANYTIME!!
Egg in a hole is one of the oldest ways to prepare eggs and toast. I think mothers everywhere have made it at least once. Or 726 times. But egg in a hole is fun, never goes out of style, and the extra bread round is always a highly coveted item.
Avocado toast is having a HUGE moment right now, so why not marry what is old with what is new.
This easy, 15-minute creation is the most delicious and satisfying breakfast, lunch, snack, or brinner (breakfast for dinner).
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices of tomato
- Pinch of cilantro
- In a bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, salt/pepper coarsely mash the avocado with a fork; set aside.
- Cut a circle from the center of each bread slice.
- To a large non-stick skillet, add the butter, and heat over medium-low heat to melt.
- Add the bread, bread rounds, and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip everything, crack one egg into the hole of each piece of bread, and season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan and cook until eggs are as set as desired, about 3 to 6 minutes. Remove egg-in-a-holes and place on the plate.
- Evenly spread the avocado mixture over the bread and bread rounds and serve immediately. Top with cilantro (optional)
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!