Tender-sweet shrimp and garlicky kale over mashed squash. The most DELICIOUS fake-fancy weeknight/end dinner! This spicy / creamy / green combination is pretty dang delicious.
They don’t have to be SPICY spicy – they could just be very well-seasoned. We like SPICY spicy, but feel free to use as much spices as you desire.
And that mashed squash? Easy, creamy, comforting, *mostly* healthy, and so, so good. Then you have those garlicky greens to go along with the whole dish. It is really the combo of all three that makes this a repeat-dinner-winner.
Ingredients for Shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp, raw/tail on
- a few good shakes of garlic salt, chili powder, cayenne, paprika, black pepper
- In a medium skillet, add the oil over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry. Add to the pan and sprinkle with seasonings to taste. Cook for just a few minutes until pink.
For mashed butternut squash:
- 2-lb. butternut squash; peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss butternut squash with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until squash is extremely tender, tossing halfway through, about 30 minutes.
- Place squash and butter into the bowl and blend with a immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve with a pinch of cayenne pepper, if using.
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!