Low carb/Keto version — no pasta or breading. Well, this Tuscan Chicken recipe couldn’t get any easier! Packed with spinach and sun dried tomatoes in a thick and creamy parmesan garlic cream sauce!
Instead of coating chicken breast fillets in a flour/parmesan mixture, this time around you’re going to season your chicken in paprika and onion powder to add more flavor than the typical salt and pepper deal.
Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will even impress yourself!
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe comes to you inspired by the popular Olive Garden recipe! Yes – Olive Garden is currently open for pick-up but it’s too far from us to enjoy it. So if we can’t go out and enjoy it in the restaurant, why not try to recreate it??
This Tuscan Chicken recipe couldn’t get any easier!
what can you serve with this creamy tuscan chicken?
- Over pasta that has been mixed through with olive, salt and garlic. Also, a touch of parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
- Quinoa. Yes, this will also be amazing with rice.
- Or as an appetizer with some French bread slices!
- 1 pound large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
For The Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 5 oz jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the pan and fry the garlic until fragrant, then add in the sun dried tomatoes, releasing their flavors. Mix the Dijon through all of the flavors.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, quinoa or steamed vegetables.
Yum!! Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!