Nothing fancy to see here – just a healthy, delicious, vegan burrito bowl combo featuring spicy roasted cauliflower, creamy refried black beans, rice, corn, and a your favorite hot sauce.
Great Dinner recipe – Also makes some great leftovers too! This is the trifecta – Grains, protein and veggies; all in one! What more could you ask for?? Well maybe a second helping!!
Have fun with this recipe too – don’t be shy to add your favorite flavors as well.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14-ounce can of corn; I picked up a ‘southwest’ style so it had some peppers added for some heat
- your favorite hot sauce for topping
- Rice: Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cauliflower: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and half of the taco seasoning. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
- Beans: Combine the black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. Mash the black beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture starts to get creamy. It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium low heat.
- The Moment of Glory: Build a big bowl with rice, refried beans, corn, avocado, and a lime wedge. Top the bowl with your roasted cauliflower and add your hot sauce if you want!
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!