In my opinion, there’s nothing better than shrimp scampi but when you combine it to a cheesy pizza – ALL IS GOOD!!! Delicious Combo!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 pound of medium shrimp; peeled, deveined, tail removed
- 2 cups of Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh spinach
**Photo Shown – recipe was cut in half, wanted the other half to be pepperoni
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, oregano and lemon juice, stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook just until turned pink.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside.
- At this time, I used my cauliflower pizza crust recipe, but you can bake with your desired pizza crust for 4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Brush crust with sauce from pan (about 1/4 cup). Top with 1-1/2 cups of the cheese and evenly distribute shrimp on top of cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top of pizza.
- Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning.
- Return to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
The shrimp scampi half of this pizza was much more involved than the other half. The star of the other half was the tomato sauce. The other ingredients we used were typical for a pepperoni pizza.