Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.In this Case, we put them in Sauce!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 – 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz can of tomato paste
- Fresh oregano, basil about 2 teaspoons, I go by color and taste.
- Dash of sugar, takes the acidity from the tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large deep pot, add onions and garlic.
- Once onions and garlic have browned, add tomatoes and paste. Add the seasonings and dash of sugar.
- Heat to a low boil while stirring.
- Turn heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 2-3 hours; stirring frequently so nothing sticks or burns.
This recipe makes a lot of sauce, so I put them in glass jars to store them . One chills in the refrigerator and the rest I freeze for later use.
The sauce is BO$$! See you in the Kitchen!