There is something super zen, so calming and relaxing for your always-on-the-go self when you’re standing over the stove and gradually stirring the liquid into the barely-bubbling pan of creamy arborio rice. I mean – at this point, all we have is time right??
Fancy restaurant status coming at you in the form of sautéed shrimp, creamy parmesan risotto, and a fresh delicious salad! Do we miss going out – heck yes! Carry out from your favorite restaurant just isn’t the same these days. But once COVID-19 is over we will get back to some type of normalcy – right?? I hope!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, tail off
- For the Risotto: In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for a minute or two, until soft and fragrant. Add the arborio rice, stir to coat with butter. Add the white wine and enjoy the sizzles. Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and simmer/stir after each addition until the rice is soft and creamy. Add the parmesan and stir until incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Shrimp: Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Pat shrimp dry, sprinkle with salt, and add to pan. Shake gently to prevent sticking. After 2-3 minutes, flip each shrimp over. They should have a pretty pink color. Transfer to skillet of the risotto and mix together. Serve immediately.
- Pair this with a nice salad!
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!