This easy lemon pepper chicken recipe is made with a handful of everyday ingredients and comes together fast! The perfect comfort food for busy weeknights or for a crowded dinner party.
This isn’t an overly rich dish, but it is satisfying, and if you serve it with a vegetable it’s definitely not too heavy in my opinion. You can easily thicken up the sauce if you wish with flour and butter.
Before this recipe, I hadn’t used lemon pepper seasoning in forever. I used to use it often; on shrimp, fish and veggies – but somehow it got neglected for what is probably years now. Anyhow, it’s a versatile seasoning that makes the most delicious sauce, and I’m glad that I resurrected it.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 6
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tbsp. of your favorite Cracked Pepper & Lemon Seasoning, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of half & half or heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a shallow bowl mix flour and 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Dredge chicken in mixture, shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on other side. Remove from skillet.
- Place chicken on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for about 10-20 minutes (depending on size and type), until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear and is no longer pink in the middle.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and 4 tablespoon of pepper & lemon seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Add half & half or heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently. Pour in lemon juice and stir together.
- Place cooked chicken into skillet. Garnish with lemon slices, parsley and/or capers.
- Serve over noodles, veggies, pasta or rice. This time I paired the chicken with Orzo Stuffing. Enjoy!
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!