Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods! Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade tortilla strips, avocado, lime, and cilantro for the perfect Mexican-inspired soup!
- 5 cups of your favorite Chicken Broth, I used reduced sodium
- Can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 lb of cooked chicken, shredded or chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- In a blender or a food processor, combine 2 cups chicken broth with one can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved chicken broth mix, remaining chicken broth, beans, cooked chicken, spices and tomatoes.
- Bring in a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings; cilantro, sliced green onion, sour cream and shredded cheese.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!