Zucchini Brownies are rich, chocolaty, and a favorite dessert! You will never know they are made with zucchini!
I love baking with zucchini. You start with a green vegetable and end with a decadent dessert. Zucchini really is a magic ingredient. Zucchini makes these brownies extra special.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups shredded zucchini don’t squeeze out the moisture
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine sugar, oil, and flour, combine until mixture resembles wet sand. It will be dry looking and that is ok. While mixing, on low, add cocoa, shredded zucchini, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined. The mixture will moisten once the zucchini is added. Stir in one cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the brownies are set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut brownies into squares and serve.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!