Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a simple & delicious ripe banana recipe that’s even better than banana bread! Great for breakfast, lunch, snack time and even dessert!
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bars is my favorite banana recipe ever. They are delicious, filling, and your whole family will love them. I like to bake a batch, cut them into squares and freeze them individually for when we’re on-the-go! They’re chock full of bananas and I use whole wheat flour to make them more filling. I know the addition of cinnamon may seem a little different, but I encourage you to try it. It adds just a nice pop of flavor.
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil any type- I use coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15×10.5? pan with non-stick spray.
- Peel bananas and mash well. Stir in brown sugar, oil, milk and eggs until combined. Add in dry ingredients and stir. Fold in 1/2 the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake 18-22 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!