Banana Breakfast Cookie Bar is a wholesome, yummy breakfast on-the-go…plus they’re naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and perfect for using up those ripe bananas!
I mean, who doesn’t want a ‘COOKIE’ for Breakfast?!?!…….I’ll wait.
These oatmeal banana cookie bars are loaded with chopped nuts, peanut butter, and sweetened with a touch of honey and cinnamon. They’re easy to make, healthy, and downright addictive.
This is a great recipe for your ‘how-am-I-going-to-use-up-all-of-these-ripe-bananas‘ file. AND – I’m the only one who eats bananas in my household so I’m always looking for different ways to use those extra overripe bananas I have.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana, from approximately 2 large or 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or your favorite nut or non-nut butter, like almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, or your favorite nut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips. Spread dough into a shallow cake pan. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Allow ‘cookies’ to cool completely on baking sheet before storing in an airtight container.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!