Brunch is arguably the best meal of week… wait, no, the best meal of the day! But if you’re having brunch every day, you are doing life right. This festive brunch dish will fill your kitchen with delicious scents of spices and pumpkin while it’s baking. No need to light your favorite seasonal candle. This dish is perfect for when you have to feed a crowd and want to get some of the preparation out of the way the night before.
- 6 whole-wheat English muffins, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 firm apples, I used Honey Crisp
- 3/4 cup raisins, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups low-fat or almond milk
- 1 15 oz can unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place English muffins pieces on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted.
- Combine apples, raisins and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the English muffin pieces and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, spreading into a single layer.
- Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, ginger and cloves in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour over bread mixture until all ingredients are submerged. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees until browned and a little crispy around the edges – 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!