The flavors in this dreamboat Thai chicken salad are going to rock your face off.
Lime, peanuts, cilantro, green onions, vinegar, chicken, soy sauce, chili pepper, garlic, all packed together in a highly textured salad bowl? Yummy!!
Simple to assemble – this chopped Thai chicken salad has BIG flavors – peanut, lime, soy, chili, cilantro. Topped with a homemade peanut dressing! Healthy and fresh.
Thai Chicken Salad
- 3–4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 head of green and purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- salt and lime juice to taste
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame oil (toasted or dark)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sriracha works, too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a small knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- a clove of fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup water to thin to desired consistency
- Chop: Put on some good music, pour a drink, and start choppin’!
- Dressing: Pulse all ingredients in the food processor or blender. Adjust consistency with water (if desired).
- Thai Chicken Salad Assembly: Toss the salad ingredients in a big bowl with a drizzle of peanut dressing so everything gets coated. Season with salt and lime juice. Serve chilled.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!