A Sunday well spent brings a week of content!
So you love brunch, too? And you stand in support of cheddar cheese baked into creamy eggs topped with crispy golden toasted bread and salty crispy bacon. All you do is WIN!! Eggs, cheese, bacon and toasted crispy bread.
The BEST Brunch Bake! Cheese, bacon, baked into creamy eggs and topped with a crispy golden toasted bread topping. YUM. OH and don’t forget their friends; beautiful summer fruit and delicious homemade Blueberry Muffins made from those blueberries you just picked up from the farmer’s market.
First up – the Delicious Brunch Bake!!
- 1 loaf of bread (your favorite), cubed
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 2 cup milk (your favorite)
- 1/4 cup butter
- dash of black pepper
- Meat, optional; bacon, ham, sausage
- Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Place 1/2 of the cubed bread in pan. Cover with 8 oz. of cheese. Top with remaining cubed bread. Cover with remaining 8 oz. of cheese. (Mix in meat, if desired)
- In a bowl, combine eggs, garlic, onion salt and milk. Mix well. Pour over cheese and egg mixture
- Melt butter. Pour over bread and cheese mixture
- Dust top of casserole with black pepper
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until top becomes brown and crispy
Make Ahead: Yes, you can make this ahead of time! I like to do steps 1 and 2 the night before, and then everything else day-of. The only part I would not recommend doing ahead of time is letting the croissant pieces soak in the egg mixture overnight.
Now onto the Homemade Blueberry Muffins!!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tsp stevia in the raw
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together banana, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, butter, stevia, baking soda and baking powder
- Mix in flour until combined. Don’t over mix!! Fold in blueberries gently. Pour the batter into 12 lined muffin cups
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!