This Guacamole Salsa recipe combines salsa verde and guacamole to create an addicting appetizer and salsa for tacos! Made from tomatillos, jalapenos, avocados, cilantro and lime juice.
If salsa verde and guacamole had a baby, you’d get this Guacamole Salsa. It’s the best of both worlds! The tangy and zesty flavor from the tomatillos and the smooth and creamy texture from the avocados – there’s seriously nothing better.
- 8 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and deveined
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 a large lime)
- salt, to taste
- Fill medium pot with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add in tomatillos and jalapenos. Cook for 10 minutes, until tomatillos and jalapenos have softened.
- Drain water and place tomatillos and jalapenos in a large blender. Add avocados, cilantro, garlic, onions and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an air-tight container to chill in the refrigerator.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!