Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce – juicy jumbo shrimp butterflied and breaded in sweetened shredded coconut, fried to a delicious crisp and served with an incredible spicy mango dipping sauce.
This coconut shrimp recipe is a keeper, trust me. The shrimp is juicy with a crispy coconut crust and is the perfect addition to a big appy spread or a pot luck. If you feel the urge to just make these and snack on them all by yourself I certainly won’t try to stop you!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp tails on
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweetened coconut shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Cooked the Shrimp in this AirFryer
For Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 mango cubed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Make the dipping sauce first by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 minute or 2 until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate the sauce until shrimp is ready for serving.
- Butterfly your shrimp; slicing them down the center. Add the breadcrumbs to one plate, beat the eggs with salt and pepper in another plate and place the shredded coconut in the 3rd plate.
- Dredge the shrimp through the breadcrumbs first, then dip them in the egg mixture, then finally dredge them through the coconut, making sure enough coconut sticks to them.
- Place the shrimp on the wire rack of your AirFryer and cook until cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp along with the spicy mango sauce together.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!