This vegan crunchwrap is INSANE! You can stuff this bad boy with whatever you like – I made this one with sofritas tofu. SO GOOD! Favorite vegan recipe to date. But you can make this non-vegan! Make it with your favorite meat, make it your OWN!!
Now, I am NOT totally 100% vegan. Every now and then I have a craving for tofu and wanted something spicy to accompany the tofu in this recipe. So here we are!
I loaded this crunchwrap with an obscene amount of browned spicy tofu, black beans, crispy tostada, tomatoes, and cheese. Yummmm…!!!!!
Spicy Sofritas Tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- huge burrito-sized flour tortillas
- something crunchy: tostadas, tortilla chips or, Doritos
- roasted vegetables
- black beans
- fresh stuff: tomatoes, cabbage slaw, lettuce, cilantro
- Sofritas Tofu: Heat oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add tofu and break apart into crumbles. Add taco seasoning, salt, chipotles, and salsa. Get it all going in the pan, nice and hot. Finish by letting everything sit without stirring for another 10+ minutes (adding oil to prevent sticking as needed) until you get some nice browned, almost-crunchy pieces.
- Crunch Wrap Time: Lay a large tortilla on a flat surface. Layer: tofu, cheese, crunchy stuff, and any other extras you want in there. Fold in the edges of the tortilla toward the center. Place in a hot oiled skillet, seam side down. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the exterior is firm, crunchy, and golden brown. Cut and serve!
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!