So sticky, so tender, so juicy and just packed with so much flavor. And it’s an easy peasy weeknight meal, just throw everything in your slow cooker and let it do it’s magic!
This recipe is great for when you want something spicy and great tasting food. It’s delicious, and uses bold ingredients such as peanut butter, fresh ginger and sesame oil. Try serving over rice and pair with your favorite ‘green’ side.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place chicken in crock pot. Mix together salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice and green beans, if desired, topped with sauce, peanuts and cilantro.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!