The easiest one pot recipe ever. Simply throw everything in and that’s it! No cooking! SO EASY!
Just because it is officially summer does not mean that you need to put your crockpot in storage. Rain or shine, winter or summer, slow cookers are meant to be used 365 days of the year, and it comes in really handy when you start working again after 4 months of quarantine life and trying to get back into the swing of things!
Seriously. Hear me out; it is super nice to get back to work, FINALLY! But when work hours are different than what they used to be and wanting to have a delicious, hearty, healthy meal without all the work; a slow cooker is the way to go!! My slow cooker never fails me, especially in this glorious one pot meal, packed with the most flavor-packed chicken thighs and three different kinds of veggies. Perfect for busy weekdays!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!