This delicious Easy Cuban Sandwich is layered with two kinds of pork, loads of melted Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard. Toasted in butter and pressed to perfection, this is one ultimate sandwich for pork lovers.
This hearty sandwich is all about the layers and each one plays a significant flavor roll in taste. The main ingredient, however, is the two kinds of pork. Layers and layers of smoked ham are paired with thinly sliced pork tenderloin. The Cubano is the ultimate sandwich with the tangy and tart taste of the pickles and mustard paired with the melted swiss cheese and pork.
- 1 pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 crusty bread rolls, split in half
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices ham slices
- 1/4 cup relish or 4 small dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Coat crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add pork loin.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes in small bowl. Pour over pork. Cover; cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours. Transfer pork to cutting board and allow to cool. Cut into thin slices.
- To serve, spread mustard on both sides of rolls. Divide pork slices among roll bottoms. Top each with Swiss cheese slice, ham slice and relish/pickle slices; cover with top roll.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!
One thought on “Cuban Pork Sandwiches”