Cauliflower bread buns are low carb and gluten free. They are perfect to use with hamburgers, sandwiches and more.
- 3 cups finely riced raw cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning herb blend
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
**you can either make your own hamburger patties or buy the patties already prepared for you. Cook to your liking, top with favorite toppings.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, cheese, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning. Mix with a large spoon until everything is thoroughly mixed. The mixture should be wet but not liquid.
- Grease the cavities of a muffin top pan. If you don’t own a muffin top pan, you can also make free-form ones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Measure out 1/2 cup lightly packed cauliflower mix. Dump onto muffin mold or onto a baking sheet and press down on the middle with the palm of your hand. If you are using muffin top pan, evenly spread the cauliflower across the mold and compact it down slightly with your knuckles or fingers so that the crumbs of the bread will be tight. If using a baking sheet, press down on the mixture with the palm of your hand and then spread and shape to form a round disc 4 inches wide and slightly more than 1/2 inch high. Compact down the cauliflower mix gently with your fingers or knuckles so that the crumbs of the cauliflower buns will be tight. Sprinkle tops of bread buns with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and cauliflower breads are completely cooked. Use a thin spatula to gently loosen the bottoms of the cauliflower breads (I recommend using a good silicone cookie spatula which usually has a very thin edge that glides easily underneath.) Allow breads to cool slightly before eating.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!