Treat your pup with these dog-friendly cupcakes filled with pumpkin, applesauce and carrots topped with a peanut butter frosting!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
For the Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 Milk-Bone biscuits, small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, pumpkin, apple sauce, vegetable oil and eggs. Stir in carrots.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Use a small offset spatula or a pastry bag fitted with decorative tip to frost the cupcakes
- Garnished with a Milk-Bone or your dog’s favorite treat, if desired.