Did you know that Avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable??
And they are packed with heart-healthy good fats. Eggs, on the other hand, are a high-quality protein among many different vitamins and minerals.
When you combine these two elements, it becomes one of my favorite breakfast options. YES – Please!
Not only are they easy to prepare but they are packed full of everything you can possibly need for a healthy breakfast.
So put down the sugary-cereal, that processed breakfast burritos – basically all that fake stuff – and start your day right.
- 1 avocado, halved and seeded
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp bacon bits
- 1/4 cup of your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Using a spoon, scoop out about two tablespoons of avocado flesh, or more, as needed, creating a small well in the center of each avocado.
- Gently crack 1 egg, and slide it into the well, keeping the yolk intact. Repeat with remaining eggs; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add your favorite toppings
- Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve immediately and drizzle some hot sauce if you want on top.
- I made homemade chips to enjoy along side with them.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!