Tequila Moscow Mule – aka: Mexican Mule – is a delicious cocktail that is made with tequila, lime, and ginger beer. It is like a traditional Moscow Mule, but you replace the vodka with tequila. In this recipe you add a little jalapeño for just a touch of heat.
HOW TO MAKE A SPICY TEQUILA MOSCOW MULE
You will need 4 ingredients (plus ice) for this Tequila Mule cocktail:
- Tequila of choice
- Ginger Beer of choice (I used Dr. Barritt’s Diet)
- Fresh Jalapeño
- In a copper mug (optional) muddle 2 lime wedges until they are completely juiced. Add 1 inch jalapeño chunk to the mug, remove the seeds and ribs/pith for less heat, muddle lightly to just bruise the skin.NOTE: if you like more heat, leave in the seeds and ribs/pith, and give it a really good muddle.
- Add ice to the mug, about 3/4 full.
- Add 2 ounces of tequila.
- Float in about 3 ounces of ginger beer.
- Give the cocktail a stir and taste. Add more tequila or ginger beer as desired.
- **added an orange slice just for some extra color
**Now it is not totally necessary to have the copper mug to really enjoy this cocktail, but here are some benefits to drinking out of the copper mug:
- Copper gets extremely cold when the cold ice and cold beverage hits the cup, keeping your cocktail EXTRA cold all the way through and not allowing the ice to melt quickly.
- The rim of the copper mug is nice and chilly with each sip, enhancing your drinking experience.
- It is said that copper can increase the amount of bubbles in your carbonated drink, which is always a bonus in my book. Nobody likes a flat drink!
- I have also read that there is actually an oxidation reaction between the liquor and the copper when you mix your cocktail, enhancing the flavor of your drink. Sounds good to me!
NOTE: if you like it really spicy leave the ribs and seeds in and give it a pretty good smash in the glass. But if you just want a kiss of heat, like me, remove the seeds and as much of the ribs as you can.