Slow cooker pork tenderloin has a surprise combination of spices including barbecue sauce mixed with our favorite spices and cooked until tender.
Caramelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa – topped with sriracha mayo, obviously! Quick and easy to make! Naturally gluten free.
Start with the tacos, though, okay? Sizzle up that meat and chop up your salsa and drizzle with spicy chili sauce – just think of it as your gateway to greatness.
I’m just a little obsessed.
For the Pork:
- 2-lbs. Pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Add pork to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Combine all spices and ingredients on top of the pork
- Cook on high for 2- 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the pork tenderloin reaches 145°F.
- Remove from the slow cooker and rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve in a corn tortilla and top with pineapple salsa.
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or shallot
- a squeeze of lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- tortillas for serving
- cilantro and lime for serving
- chili sauce for topping – see notes
- Toss everything together in a medium bowl.
- For the tacos: Warm the tortillas quickly in a skillet with a little bit of oil. Arrange the pork between 6 tortillas and top with the salsa and the chili sauce.
For the chili sauce, equal parts of mayo and hot sauce. Whisk to combine or shake in a jar. Add water if needed to thin out the consistency – serve over the tacos.