- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup crumble feta cheese
- To make the burgers, combine the ground beef, egg, dried basil and oregano, breadcrumbs, ketchup, garlic, onion and feta in a large bowl and shape into 4 burger patties.
- On the grill, cook on 1 side for 7 minutes, then turn over and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until beef is done.
- 1⁄4cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4cup light cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp low-fat plain yogurt or 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1⁄2 tsp dried basil
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Serve the burgers with the sauce and your favorite condiments.
Grilled Corn on the Cob:
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- Butter, for serving
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat grill to high and heat for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, preheat grill pan to high.) Add corn and cook, turning often, until charred all over, about 10 minutes.
- Spread butter over warm corn and season with salt.
Enjoy – see you in the Kitchen!
One thought on “Mediterranean Burgers with Feta”