Three-Ingredient Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi that is pillowy, crispy, and pairs perfectly with just about any sauce you’ve got. Easy, healthy-ish, and seriously delicious!
These long (I repeat: LONG) days at home are begging for a fun-but-simple three ingredient recipe that results in soft little pillows of delight with a golden browned exterior that can be served with, honestly, like, any sauce you have.
- Homemade creamy tomato or vodka sauce – YUM
- Store bought Ragu – sure!
- Pesto of some sort – Yes, please. (I recommend kale pesto)
- Straight up with olive oil or garlic butter
Let’s talk about how to make this gem of a recipe. Highly recommend this for a ‘date night’ at home!
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup flour (I used almond flour, but use whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the cauliflower, depending on package. Drain.
- Lay cauliflower on a cheese cloth and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Squeeze excess water out of cauliflower. (Squeeze more! You need all that water out.)
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until it makes crumbles. Add flour and salt. Pulse lightly until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Place dough on a floured work surface. Cut into 4 sections. Roll each section into a rope. Cut each rope into little gnocchi pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a swizzle of oil and gnocchi and cook until browned. (You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan.)
- Add your sauce to the pan with the gnocchi. Toss to combine.
Pretty Little Cauliflower Pillows! I paired these with a quick meatball recipe.
This dish takes some effort, but do it with your loved ones and enjoy the time together in the kitchen!
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!