This what my best breakfast dreams are made of.
But here it is. ALL HAIL KALE. On a breakfast pizza. This is cheesy breakfast perfection and I love it so.
And then behold this soft, runny egg on your breakfast pizza.
Breakfast Pizza – kale pesto, cherry tomatoes, sausage, cheese, herbs, and eggs baked right on top. Super easy and adaptable recipe for brunch!
- 1 batch of pizza crust
- 1/2 cup kale pesto (or store bought pesto works too)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (use whatever your favorite is)
- 3–4 large eggs
- parsley, Parmesan, red pepper flakes for topping
- (cooked chorizo, bacon, pepperoni or sausage if you want to add meat!)
- Prepare the pizza dough according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, Hot = good for the crust.
- Stretch the crust into a baking sheet, pizza pan, or baking stone.
- Spread the pizza with the kale pesto (you might not need 1/2 cup depending on how thick your pesto is – just spread it until you get a thin layer on each pizza). Arrange the cheese, tomatoes in an even layer over the pesto. Make three or four small wells in the cheese to make room for the eggs. Crack the eggs and arrange them (raw) among the top cheese layer.
- Bake the pizza on the highest rack for 12-16 minutes, until the crust is baked, the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven, let it stand a few minutes, and cut into slices. YUM!