For the best texture, use extra-firm tofu. It holds up well during cooking and has the most meaty texture of all types of tofu.
Prior to cooking the tofu, place paper towel on a plate and soak up the water from the tofu.
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Dash fresh parsley
- Dredge tofu in flour, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Sauté tofu until golden brown, 5-7 minutes on both sides. Side aside
- Stir in garlic, broth, lemon juice, and capers. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- Whisk in butter, and lemon slices. Serve with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Delicious side option Garlickly Zucchini Noodles.