This delicious healthy pumpkin bread is bursting with flavors and made with tons of healthy ingredients.
What makes it healthy??
- Oats: Rich in antioxidants and contain powerful soluble fiber.
- Greek Yogurt: High in protein and packed with probiotics, potassium, and calcium.
- Coconut Oil: High in healthy saturated fats which can boost fat burning and provide your brain and body with quick energy.
- Egg: Good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Pumpkin: Highly nutritious! Rich in vitamin A, antioxidants, and immune-boosting vitamins.
- Cinnamon: One of the healthiest spices on the planet! Lowers blood sugar levels and reduces heart disease risk factors.
- Whole Wheat Flour: A healthy alternative to white flour.
- 1 cup pumpkin* (make sure you are using 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (must be Greek yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, measured when melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (blended up old fashioned oats)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil (measure in MELTED and slightly cooled form), and brown sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, flour, and oat flour.
- Mix the wet and dry together until combined.
- Pour into the prepared bread ban and bake for 40-55 minutes or until a fork when inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Best eaten within 2-3 days otherwise tightly wrap individual pieces and freeze.
Great Brunch Idea is to use this bread for a Pumpkin French Toast.
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!