This is a simple bread recipe that you can make any day of the year or yearly for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 of raisins
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and margarine. Stir in milk, egg and raisins.
- Form dough into a round and place in a circular cake pan.
- Use a sharp knife to cut an “X” into the top of the loaf.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and bake for 45 – 50 minutes. Once done, place a toothpick into the top of the loaf to check for doneness. Enjoy with butter!