Coconut, Pineapple, Macadamia Nut Protein BitesThese energy bites taste like a Pina Colada on a Beach Somewhere! They are super easy to just pop in your mouth throughout the day or during a long road trip somewhere. Without ever cheating on your diet!!
- 1 cup toasted coconut (divided)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup dried pineapple
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I used arbonne in this recipe)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp honey (or agave)
- Combine ¾ cup of coconut and macadamia nuts into a medium bowl.
- Combine the dried pineapple and water into a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Remove and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Add the reconstituted pineapple to a food processor and pulse into a paste.
- Add the pineapple paste to the coconut and macadamia nuts along with the protein powder, vanilla and honey.
- Mix to combine. The consistency should be sticky and form a ball.
- Roll 1 inch balls of this mixture and then coat with the remaining ¼ cup of coconut. Place in the refrigerator to set for a few minutes. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Makes approximately 12 – 15 bites
- Can be stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.
See you in the Kitchen!