No ‘Sunday Scaries’ Here – we find it so easy on a cold, winter Sunday night to just call up the local Chinese food place and order our favorites. But this week was different!!
We have daylight savings time next week…….finally!! With that comes swimsuit season! So we opted for a healthier option tonight, with less sugar, no MSG, healthier cooking oil. Also cheaper!
It’s a win win! Below you will find our latest dinner of beef and broccoli!
Enjoy – See you in the Kitchen!
- 1 lb. beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Brown rice, follow the directions on package
- thinly sliced green onions for serving
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Whisk together ingredients for the sauce, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok, cook meat until nice and brown. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in large wok that the meat was in, until bright green color. Set aside.
- Top off with last bit of oil. Add the ginger and garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce.
Heat sauce, until the sauce gets nice and thick.
Once the sauce is thick, add in the broccoli, meat back into the wok. Toss gently to coat.
Serve with rice, thinly sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.