The secret ingredient: CHICKPEASThese chocolate-covered chickpea protein balls taste just like cookie dough, but are packed full of protein! They are perfect for a sweet, savory snack on-the-go!
When I was younger I was never allowed to eat the raw cookie dough, but I found a perfect solution!!!
- 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup of vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas, protein powder, almond butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 6-8 drops stevia, applesauce, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse to combine until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth; stop to scrap the sides if needed. It should be like a soft dough texture.
- Roll the dough into 15 balls. Place each ball onto the wax paper. Place the baking sheet in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, add melted oil. Slowly stir in the cocoa powder until there are no lumps. Add 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or 2-3 drops of stevia and a pinch of salt; stir to combine.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the balls. Let them cool in the fridge, or enjoy as is.
- Store these in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.